Create Custom Pages without Programming
You can define custom pages without any programming. For example, you can define a "product" page with custom fields describing various product parameters, such as name, short description, long description, price, photo, etc.
Design Data-entry Forms
The editors can enter content in a structured form that is fully customizable from the user interface - no coding needed. You can choose from a large variety of data types (short text, long text, integer, decimal, boolean, file, date-time, etc.), and from a large variety of field types, including:
- HTML editor
- checkbox or checkbox list
- radio buttons
- file upload
- drop-down list
- date-time picker
You can even build your own field types, which is useful for selecting external data or when you need advanced validation rules.
You can also fully customize the layout of the data-entry form using the browser-based form designer.
Every field has a large number of advanced options, such as design properties or custom validation rules based on regular expressions or custom validation messages.
Re-use Structured Content
The content stored in structure format allows you to display the product information in several ways (catalog preview, short description, full technical details, XML feed, etc.).
Store Content in Standard Database Tables
Every custom page has its own database table that is automatically created by Kentico. This architecture provides many advantages over XML-only content storage:
- High performance - standard relational database tables provide much better performance than XML stored in database fields; you can create your own indexes and optimize database performance.
- Data consistency - all data is typed (text/integer/decimal/etc.)
- Easy querying - you can easily write WHERE and ORDER BY expressions you know from SQL instead of using complex and often limiting XSLT expressions; you can also write custom SQL queries for selecting content.
- Easy integration - since the data is stored in standard database tables, you can read them with other applications.