Kentico certification exams
The Kentico certification exams help developers, solution architects, and marketers validate their knowledge and prove their expertise in using Kentico to their clients, teams, and potential employers.
Choose the right certification
Demonstrate your know-how and get recognized as an expert.
Certified Developer exam
Kentico Certified Developer
A Kentico Certified Developer is a technical professional ready to build large-scale web applications on Kentico using recommended practices.
Until Kentico 12, the exam for certified developers covered two development models—Portal Engine and MVC. Kentico Xperience 13 supports only ASP.NET MVC, and the exam covers both ASP.NET MVC 5 and ASP.NET Core MVC.
Certified developer's responsibilities
Passing the Kentico Certified Developer exam requires hands-on experience and a deep understanding of designing, developing, optimizing, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting Kentico websites.
Certified developers usually work in Kentico implementation partners' or end clients' companies. They cover different roles from designing, developing, and upgrading Kentico websites, to building custom modules or integrations with other platforms (e.g., CRMs, ERPs).
Certified Developer's skills:
- Application programming interfaces (API)
- Performance optimization
- Application deployment
Positions and roles include:
- Front end / Back end / Full-stack Developer
- Senior Developer
- IT Consultant
- Solution Architect
- Engineering Manager
Take the developer certification
Master the skills needed to design, develop, and maintain solutions powered by Kentico. Prove your expertise and become a Kentico Certified Developer.
Certified Marketer exam
Kentico Certified Marketer
A Kentico Certified Marketer is a business professional who is ready to design, set, run, and analyze digital marketing activities using Kentico's built-in features while following recommended practices.
Certified Marketer's responsibilities
Passing the Kentico Certified Marketer exam requires hands-on experience and a deep understanding of the platform's marketing capabilities.
Certified Marketers help define project business requirements to ensure that it follows recommended practices, cooperate in pre-sales engagements, or run everyday marketing activities on websites.
Certified Marketer's skills:
- Analyze how business requirements match built-in Kentico capabilities
- Understand and configure the built-in digital marketing features
- Manage, maintain, and configure contacts, contact properties, and contact activities
- Use the essential tools for keeping application and contact data compliant with data privacy regulations
- Perform day-to-day marketing operations, such as analyzing different marketing data and managing content of websites
- Define and configure audience segmentation into contact groups, scoring, personas
- Design, run and analyze optimization testing of content used in website pages and emails
- Create and maintain automated processes to ensure effective marketing communication, content personalization, and audience segmentation
- Understand email marketing capabilities, create, run and analyze email campaigns, define requirements for email components (templates, widgets)
Positions and roles include:
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Consultant
- Marketing Implementation Specialist / Solution Architect
- Senior Account Executive
Take the marketer certification
Be recognized as a Kentico expert with the Kentico Marketer Certification. Verify your practical experience and familiarity with both out-of-box and custom marketing features, as well as your knowledge and skills of digital marketing.
How to verify a certification?
To verify whether a candidate is certified, simply ask them for their public DevNet profile URL.
Certified developers and marketers can create their profiles in the Kentico DevNet Community. The profile is public, and when the candidates complete their certification, they receive their certification badge. The candidates also receive a Kentico Xperience Certified Developer certificate and a badge they can display on their LinkedIn profile.