Kentico customization for developers
This course will teach you some advanced techniques of customizing the Kentico 12 or Kentico Xperience 13 administration applications, processing data in scheduled tasks, developing custom web parts, and K# macros, and much more.
Who should take this course?
ASP.NET developers that have around six months of experience in either MVC 5 or Web Forms development, together with around six months of website development practice based on either Kentico MVC or Portal Engine development model.
What will you learn?
Among other things, you'll learn how to:
- Add custom functionality to the Kentico administration
- Understand the pros and cons of various data storage and processing options
- See how custom objects can be stored and operated upon
- Discover how data can be efficiently queried and cached
- Properly hook into various stages of the application lifecycle
- Avoid heavy-duty processing in web requests
- Create reusable UIs for your live site
The course teaches the following:
- Data storage options
- Custom modules
- UI elements
- Custom classes
- DataQuery, ObjectQuery, DocumentQuery
- Query performance
- Caching in custom code
- Extending the built-in provider classes
- Global events
- Custom scheduled tasks
- Types of scheduled tasks
- Scheduled task performance
- Web part types
- Custom web parts
- PE widgets
- Component events
- K# macros
- Custom macro methods
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 Home
- Visual Studio 2017 Community
- SQL Server 2016 SP1 Express
Order your training!
Buy as many training seats as you require on the next page. After payment processing, you'll receive a registration email in which you'll choose the training course and the version you want to attend.