New website reflecting the customer-centric approach
Freedom Health Insurance offers flexible private personal, family, and business insurance products at competitive premiums to people living in the UK and overseas and provides a personalized and compassionate service. Priding itself on its company values of being caring, professional, honest, and ambitious, this business holds its own in a market dominated by major players.
During the website update project, a key emphasis was placed on optimizing the user journey and on guiding potential and existing customers to their specific content of interest, as well as helping them achieve their objectives via interactive online quotation tools in a self-service environment.
The new site needed to become the go-to place for insurance brokers, providing them with a highly secure dedicated portal with custom online quotation tools that support them in their selling process.
The needs of Freedom Health Insurance were many and multifaceted:
- A more customer-centric website with streamlined user journeys
- The ability to personalize content to enhance the user experience
- Self-service areas with online user quote generation tool
- Sales support for brokers, including broker portal with custom quotation tool
- The ability to capture behavior and data for tracking and targeting
The i3 Digital team was in charge of all UX design, prototyping, and web development, and selected Kentico (with ERP & CRM integration) as their digital experience platform of choice. Their vast experience with Kentico meant they were able to design and develop a highly bespoke solution that met all of Freedom Health Insurance’s objectives.
- Kentico search – users now have a more intuitive and user-friendly search experience with predictive search
- Web analytics and personalization – Freedom is now able to track site visitors and deliver more targeted content
- Widgets and variants – content creation has been simplified and now offers flexible personalization capabilities
- Consent and data protection – the company is able to comply with up-to-date GDPR legislation and requirements
- Email marketing – interested users can easily sign up to receive relevant content
- Flexible online forms – Freedom can capture relevant quote request information and enable potential customers to specify their interests
- Kentico API – i3 Digital was able to develop the high level of customized functionality required to enable authentication and single sign-on between the main website and the broker quotation tool.
The new user-centric website incorporates a high level of complex functionality. The MVC build approach makes it easy to upgrade and update, even making it technologically future proof.
Having been fully optimized for a streamlined user journey, users can now easily navigate the site and get quotes online. The original custom quote tools (for brokers and individuals) have been redesigned and rebuilt to be fully integrated with Kentico’s user account management which leverages an API layer to enable users to log in or register for both the website and quote tool with single sign-on.
Personal and broker quotes can be displayed, reviewed, and retrieved, meaning users can think about them and complete them at their own pace.
The new site resulted in an immediate 63% increase in the Visitor to Lead Conversion Rate straight after launch and a 41% increase compared to the same period in the previous year. Bounce rate saw an instant 10% improvement (compared to the average from three months before launch) and a 5.4% improvement compared to the same period the previous year. Meanwhile, the 38% increase in the number of Pages/Sessions seen immediately after launch contributed to a 23% increase compared to the same period the previous year.
Why was Kentico the right choice for this project?
“We needed a digital experience platform that allowed us to integrate the website with internal systems and APIs and could also support an online broker portal.”
Projects by partner
Bechtel is one of the world’s most respected engineering, construction, and project management companies delivering landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. As part of their rebrand, Bechtel required a redesign and rebuild of their global website.
Aug 7, 2023
• Top 10 of the Month
Redwood Bank launched in August 2017 with a view to offering a real alternative for small & medium-sized organisations looking to make sure that their properties & cash work harder for them. The overall objective was to future-proof Redwood Bank's website by rebuilding it onto Kentico Xperience MVC
Feb 1, 2023
Aspira Retirement Living offers you a range of senior living and care options across Ontario and British Columbia. The new site’s overall objectives were that it had to provide high quality, relevant resources for seniors over the age of 65 and their families looking for senior living accommodation.
Apr 28, 2022
• Site of the Year Finalist
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychiatric Association is the largest leading psychiatric organization in the world, with more than 37,000 members practising in more than 100 countries. The project included the redesign and development of a modern, streamlined and fully ADA accessibility complaint corporate website.
Apr 7, 2022
Center for Workplace Mental Health (APA Foundation)
The Center for Workplace Mental Health provides employers tools, resources and information needed to promote and support the mental health of employees and their families. They required a new fully ADA accessibility compliant platform to help aid their marketing, engagement and growth strategies.
Oct 4, 2021
• Top 10 of the Month
American Psychiatric Association Foundation
American Psychiatric Association Foundation is a division of the American Psychiatric Association, a world-leading psychiatric organization. The APA Foundation required a new accessibility compliant platform to be the central point for their marketing and community engagement strategies.
Feb 8, 2021