The next generation of Kentico
Kentico has crossed the horizon, and is on an exciting journey of innovation. The goal is defined clearly—a next-generation flexible digital experience platform (DXP) that will deliver great value to the customers and partners efficiently. It’s a path lined with a few strategic changes and adjustments, resulting in a future-proof product that will keep helping businesses deliver exceptional digital experiences and boost their success.
How will we achieve it?
- By shortening release cycles significantly (on a monthly basis)
- By focusing on the low code/no code approach
- By improving automation, using artificial intelligence and machine learning
- By making a cloud-first solution and SaaS (Software as a Service) offering available
- By leveraging cutting-edge technology (.NET Core and more)
With Xperience by Kentico, you will have entered a natural path to a complete removal of versioning. No more huge differences and incompatibilities, no more difficulties with adoption. Simply, a powerful tool that is always up-to-date and incredibly easy to use.
Kentico Xperience 13 ongoing development
Before we remove versioning entirely and step into the next generation of Kentico, we’ve still got a few innovations planned when it comes to Kentico Xperience 13. There’s a myriad of new functionalities and enhancements to be applied. But to simplify the adoption, we’ll release the changes in shorter release cycles, on a quarterly basis, instead.
These significantly shorter release cycles are called refreshes. They’re designed to bring a combination of extended functionality and technical improvements to our customers regularly and fast, offering a painless, smooth upgrade. It’s no different from installing hotfixes. In fact, whenever you install the newest hotfix, you’ll have all features from the latest refresh available, as well.
Planned refreshes will provide an enhanced user experience and improved performance that both developers and marketers will benefit from.
Learn more details about the product enhancements in Refresh 1.
- Sentiment Analysis
- Copy-pasting widgets in Page Builder
- Culture Alias Support for Dynamic Routing
- Form Builder Section Properties
- Selecting multiple pages using the Content selector
- Widget Zone Restrictions
- Widget Zone Names
- Leveraging AI image recognition for alternative descriptions of images
- Using image description for alternative text when inserting content from Media Library
- Intercom chatbot integration
- Disqus integration
- Jira integration
- Media Library assets usage tracking
- Algolia integration
- .Net 6 support
- Google Search Console integration
- MS Dynamics 365 integration
- SendGrid integration
- UX Enhancements
- Improving the efficiency of Meda Library search
- Enhanced UX in widget properties
- Google Data Studio integration
- Scheduled redirect for documents with defined "Publish to"
- Scheduled deactivation of marketing automation process
- Using macros in document metadata fields
- reCAPTCHA v3 integration
- Twilio SMS integration
- Salesforce integration
To truly future proof Kentico's next-generation digital experience platform (DXP) and offer you more flexibility, we’ve introduced a SaaS (Software as a Service) offering. It is an alternative model, an additional option to the on-premises and public cloud deployment.
- Fully managed by Kentico (partner’s responsibility finishes with a successful deployment to our SaaS)
- Multi-environmental (smoother transition between Dev, UAT, Production)
- Possibility to deploy custom code
- Single tenant approach (to achieve a higher level of privacy and security)
- Better scalability and integration options
- Direct support available 24/7
- Includes maintenance and monitoring
- Designed to provide the best possible user experience, based on the experience of our partners and MVPs
Curious to find out more about what else is under consideration when it comes to product development? Explore our Roadmap and vote for a feature you like or submit your own ideas!