Kentico Portal Engine for developers
This course provides hands-on practice in developing websites using the Kentico Portal Engine model. Build a sample training website and learn how to create dynamic web pages, work with users, and other common website admin tasks.
Who should take this course?
This course is for front-end developers, web designers, and other technical roles who haven’t yet designed websites with Kentico Portal Engine.
What will you learn?
You'll learn how to build a website using the Portal Engine development model, plus how to:
- Create a new website, master page, and other pages
- Create page templates and page types
- Use built-in web parts and widget zones
- Set up a multilingual website
- Understand the Kentico security model
- Manage users and roles
- Optimize websites performance
- Implement basic caching
In this course, you'll learn how to:
- Create a new site
- Define the master page
- Create page layouts, page templates, and page types
- Create web part and widget zones
- Build the navigation menu
- Define and use page types
- Use built-in web parts and widgets
- Create variable page templates
- Set up the website to support another culture
- Create a multilingual website’s content
- Get hands-on experience with Kentico security model
- Manage users, roles, and permissions
- Personalize the administration interface for different roles
- Optimize your website's performance
- Understand and add basic caching
- A working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- A basic understanding of how web solutions built with ASP.NET work
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows 10 Home
- Any code editor (e.g., Visual Studio Code)
- SQL Server 2016 SP1 Express
Order your training!
Buy as many training seats as you require on the next page. After payment processing, you'll receive a registration email in which you'll choose the training course and the version you want to attend.