Online ordering system for a world without queues
With over 200 branches, 4,000 employees, and over 125 years of experience, Junge - Die Bäckerei, is one of the largest bakeries in northern Germany. As the company began to digitize its work processes along the entire value chain from the supplier to the customer, developing a new platform for B2C and B2B orders was the next step in offering customers a modern, digital shopping experience.
The challenge within this project was the number of more than 200 branches, which have different assortments, prices and availability depending on the ordering service. The implemented services are:
- shop pick-up
- express pick-up on the same day
- in-house orders at the table via QR code
With so many options, a comprehensive set of rules was necessary to ensure the availability of goods and to prepare every order at the right time.
Junge - Die Bäckerei cooperated with Kentico Gold Partner Beyond One and decided to build this demanding project in Kentico. The MVC website is powered by Vue.js to realize interactive and interconnected functionalities. Thanks to Kentico’s flexibility the site can be smoothly upgraded and extended as the company’s needs grow.
The Kentico Staging feature synchronizes product data on all available server instances and the MVC Integration Bus transfers order data to the bakery’s ERP system.
Beyond One implemented a wide range of widgets and provided many custom features. During the implementation process, our support team was on hand and helped mainly with the Advanced Workflow for the staging and deployment process.
- Delivery and pick-up services, express services and in-house orders via QR code
- More than 200 branches with different prices and availability
- Individual opening hours and dependencies on regional holidays
- Integration of the ERP system Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision)
- PayPal Implementation for all payment services within the one-page checkout
- Different payment types per customer group
- Integration Bus (API Monitoring)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Solution
- Consent Management Tool Integration
- Store Finder with maps integration and individual shop listings
- Wishlist Feature
- Couponing Options for Marketing activities
The new website brings Junge’s various services, branches and customers together in one online platform. It maps location-related prices, opening times and availability for all customers, whether they stay at home or visit a branch. The clean, modern design and smooth buyer journey create an highly comfortable digital experience for all hungry visitors.
- High-performance solution running on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- 32% decrease of loading time
- 158% increase in revenue compared to the same period of the previous year
- 250% increase in orders compared to the same period of the previous year
Projects by partner
We have successfully upgraded Kentico for our existing customer Konditorei Junge and upgraded the online shop to the latest version. The aim is to offer delivery, in-house and pick-up services to the different customer groups B2B and B2C.
Feb 1, 2023
• Site of the Year Finalist
This project is a new developed online shop for the Junge bakery based on Kentico MVC. The target groups are B2B and B2C customers. The aim is to offer delivery and pick-up services in the bakery shops.
Aug 4, 2020
• Top 10 of the Month
Bessey Tool is a German manufacturer for steel tools with a special focus on pliers. The website offers an overview over the company itself and all of its products. In addition users can find local stores and vendors. Vendors can use a login to access downloads and other vendor services.
Apr 5, 2023
• Site of the Year Finalist 2019
J.J. Darboven Professional
J.J. Darboven is the leading manufacturer of hot beverages in Germany and across all Europe. For their broad B2B portfolio we created an individual project to address the different target groups but also to present their more than 30 brands in the proper light.
May 8, 2019
• Top 10 of the Month
This project is aimed to start a new Webshop and Sales Channel for Komet in France.
Sep 16, 2019