Media Library Main Features
With Media Libraries, you can easily:
- manage a large number of files
- manipulate large files, such as video
- upload large files using FTP
Alternatively, you can also upload files to the Kentico CMS database or file system and manage them as any other content. Learn more about other file management options.
Uploading Files into Media Libraries
There are three ways in which files can be uploaded into Kentico Media Libraries:
- using the administration interface
- on the live site, using the Media gallery or Media file uploader web parts
- directly into the file system from an external source, e.g., via FTP
Displaying Files from Media Libraries
With the Media Gallery web part, you can display the content of your media libraries on the live site. If you need to insert media library files directly into the text, you can use the Insert image or media and Insert link dialogs of the built-in WYSIWYG editor.
Security and Sharing
You can set different permissions for each gallery and specify who can upload, manage, and view files.
You can also allow website visitors or authorized site members to upload files into libraries through the website and share them with others.