The Kentico Forums module includes:
- user avatars and signatures
- post quotation
- formatting via BBCode
- abuse reports
- bad words
- file attachments
- question-answer forums with a "mark as answer" button
- private messaging
- recognize users with activity points and badges
- lock a thread and disallow further posts
- stick a thread so that it's always displayed at the top
- RSS or ATOM feeds
Pre-defined or Ad-hoc Forums
You can either pre-define a forum and display it somewhere on your website or utilize "ad-hoc" forums bound to a specific document. Ad-hoc forums are generated automatically when visitors post the first comment and usually allow users to express their opinion about an article, ask questions about a product, etc.
You can moderate forums, move threads, or split posts into new threads directly from the live website.
Granular Security Model
You can limit which users are permitted to read, post, or perform other actions on specific forums, allowing you to create private forums. To prevent the activities of spam bots, CAPTCHA verification can optionally be required when posting new messages.
Configure sensitive forums to be moderated and all posts require approval before they become visible. You may designate users as moderators to allow them to manage and enforce the rules of your forums.
With Kentico, the content of forums can be included in website searches using our Smart Search module.
Subscriptions and Favorites
Forum users may leverage certain features to help keep track of forum content:
- forums or individual posts can be added to accessible lists of favorites
- subscriptions ensure that users receive notification emails whenever a new post is added to the designated section of a forum
You can configure Kentico to use friendly URL addresses when navigating through forums and their threads. A friendly URL format can improve the user experience when browsing forums and also brings benefits when it comes to Search Engine Optimization.