Define Your Own Lead Scoring Rules
Each business uses a different set of criteria for qualifying leads. The Lead Scoring module in Kentico allows you to set up your own lead scoring system combining two types of rules:
- Demographics - identify the fit of the leads for your company based on their profile values, such as location, title, or completeness of data
- Behavioral – identify the level of the leads’ engagement with your company based on their activities, such as visited pages, downloaded documents, or submitted forms
You can assign a number of points for each met rule, and a threshold that defines how many points the lead needs to attain to be identified as a hot lead. The points may expire after a specified period of time or you can assign negative points for any warning signs, such as, when a lead unsubscribes from your newsletter.
Make Leads Available to Your Sales Team
When you identify sales-ready leads, you can have the system send the contact details to the sales team by email, or you can export the lead data into your CRM. Kentico comes with a built-in Salesforce.com connector and you can enhance lead profiles with additional details from the Data.com database.
7 Steps to Setting up a Lead Scoring System
- Establish a consistent lead scoring methodology to rank leads.
- Build optimal buyer profiles/personas.
- Determine the score threshold for sales-ready leads.
- Create lead scoring rules for each dimension (demographic, behavioral).
- Consider multiple scoring scenarios for gaining greater insight into the level of interest in different products or campaigns.
- Set an expiration period for scores.
- Define the hand-over and follow-up process with your Sales team.
Learn more in our Lead Scoring Whitepaper.