The User Generated Content can be used in many scenarios, including:
- Partner directory of your website – where partners can manage their own profile and add their own references.
- Community site – where any community member can publish articles.
- Business directory – where business owners can manage their profiles and contact details.
- Traditional Wiki site – where site visitors can create and edit any content.
- Intranet/project portal – where employees can add new content through the simplified interface without going to the administration section, such as news, blog posts, or Knowledge Base articles.
- On-site editing of blogs.
User Generated Content supports several security configurations:
- Any visitor can edit any content (traditional Wiki)
- Only authenticated visitors (site members) can edit content (community sites)
- Only document owners can edit content (partner directories, business directories)
- Only visitors granted permission for the given document can edit it (intranet, project portal)
Content Management Features
All User Generated Content can be created on the live site via a user-friendly interface. Once the content is created, it can be managed through the administration interface. The content created by site users can leverage all the content management features available in Kentico, including: