Kentico Recognizes the Child Cancer Foundation as the Site of the Year 2010
Nashua, New Hampshire, USA, December 20, 2010 – Kentico Software (http://www.kentico.com), the Web content management system vendor, has announced the Kentico Site of the Year 2010 Award winners. The Child Cancer Foundation website, implemented by Kentico Certified Partner Provoke, was chosen as the global winner of the contest.
“Provoke is delighted to be awarded the Kentico Site of the Year 2010 for the Child Cancer Foundation website. The Child Cancer Foundation is a fantastic New Zealand charity with an incredible team who are also proud of this accolade. The many staff at Provoke, who donated their own time to build this new site, are obviously really pleased with the end result. More importantly, the Foundation has seen a significant increase in online donations and publicity, which was the primary driver for re-building the site,” said Ian Oliver, Marketing & Sales Manager at Provoke. ”The features of the Kentico platform allowed Provoke to deliver a great looking, feature-rich website quickly and easily. The support from Kentico has been awesome and we’re all looking forward to our next Kentico CMS project.”
“The success of the Child Cancer Foundation website demonstrates how non-profit organizations can benefit by having a creative and appealing internet presence. Now the personal stories of children living with cancer can be shared more easily, and potential volunteers can just go online to learn about the different ways that they can help out. We are happy that this collaboration between Provoke and the Child Cancer Foundation was built using the Kentico platform,” said Eva Blazkova, Marketing Manager at Kentico. “I am also proud to congratulate Provoke, along with the entire list of winners of each category, who proved their exceptional skills in delivering first-class websites.”
Viajanet, an online travel portal which allows customers to book airline tickets, hotels, tourist packages, cruises, resorts, travel insurance and ticket sales, won in the category of Largest Site for 2010. It receives approximately 100 million page views per month. Alberto Galbeno from Travel Explorer, the partner in charge of the Viajanet site, said, “In less than 1 year we reached more than 15 thousands sells per month, and became the third largest OTA site in Brazil. Now we are the fastest growing OTA site in the country. We chose Kentico because it meets all of our client's requirements, and it is 100% compatible with our system's architecture.”
“The growth of Viajanet has both impressed us and showed how scalable Kentico CMS is,” said Petr Passinger, PR Manager at Kentico. “Kentico always strives to be flexible, so knowing that Travel Explorer is pleased with the way our CMS has worked for their client makes us proud. We hope to continue pushing the limit on creative and technical web possibilities.”
The Site of the Year contest seeks out the best Kentico CMS web site implementations. Its winners were selected from 10 different industries and 4 special categories. Winners in 9 of the industry specific categories and 1 special category (Best Design) were selected by online voting, while the rest of the special categories and the intranet category were chosen internally.
The Global Winner
Winners of the Special Categories
- • The Child Cancer Foundation (http://www.childcancer.org.nz), implemented by Provoke Solutions, received the most votes of all the competing projects and also won in the category of the Best Nonprofit Organization Site.
Winners in Particular Industries
- • Largest Site: Viajanet (http://www.viajanet.com.br) was selected as the winner with more than 100 million page views per month. This was implemented by Travel Explorer, a Kentico Certified Partner.
- • Best Migration from other CMS: Strangford Lough and Lecale Partnership (http://www.strangfordlough.org) was chosen as the winner for its successful migration from ColdFusion to Kentico CMS. This was implemented by Biznet IIS, a Kentico Gold Partner.
- • Best Integration: Weather Channel (http://www.weatherchannel.com.au) won this category for its integration with 52 systems from 14 independent suppliers. This was implemented by Artis Group, a Kentico Certified Partner.
- • Best Graphic Design: Gresham Smith and Partners (http://showcase.gspnet.com) won in this category for its aesthetic use of Kentico CMS.
- This was implemented by NetEffect Services, a Kentico Gold Partner.
- • E-commerce Site: Thackerays, (http://www.thackerays.co.uk)
- Implemented by Data Graphic Services
- • Financial Services: AXA CZ, (http://www.axa.cz)
- Implemented by Sprinx Systems
- • Education Site: Historically Black Colleges & Universities Online, (http://HBCUSonline.com)
- Implemented by Imaginuity
- • Healthcare Site: Heska Website, (http://www.heska.com)
- Implemented by Wakefly
- • Non-profit Site: The Child Cancer Foundation, (http://childcancer.org.nz)
- Implemented by Provoke Solutions
- • Community Site: LoversCanBeChoosers, (http://www.loverscanbechoosers.com)
- Implemented by Grovebanch
- • Travel Site: Official Site for Seattle Tourism, (http://www.visitseattle.org)
- Implemented by Parts and Labor
- • Government and Municipal Site: Hillsborough Country Sheriff’s Office, (http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us)
- Implemented by Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
- • Intranet Site: Positive Purchasing Academy,
- Implemented by Tellonline
- • Other: ASICS Australia, (http://www.asics.com.au)
- Implemented by IdeaWork
More information about the contest is available at: http://www.kentico.com/Company/Site-of-the-Year-2010-Contest.aspx
About Kentico CMS
Kentico CMS is an affordable Web content management system
providing a complete set of features for building websites, community sites, intranets and on-line stores on the Microsoft ASP.NET platform. It supports WYSIWYG editing, workflows, multiple languages, full-text search, SEO, on-line forms, image galleries, forums, groups, blogs, polls, media libraries and is shipped with 250+ configurable Web parts. It’s currently used by more than 4,000 websites in 84 countries. The clients include Microsoft, McDonald's, Vodafone, O2, Orange, Brussels Airlines, Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Samsung, Gibson, ESPN, Guinness, DKNY, Abbott Labs, Medibank, Ireland.ie and others.
About Kentico Software
Kentico Software (www.kentico.com
) helps clients create professional websites, online stores, community sites and intranets using Kentico CMS for ASP.NET. It's committed to deliver a full-featured, enterprise-class, stable and scalable Web Content Management solution on the Microsoft .NET platform. Founded in 2004, Kentico is headquartered in the Czech Republic and has a U.S. office in Nashua, NH. Since its inception, Kentico has continued to rapidly expand the Kentico CMS user base worldwide. Kentico Software is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. In 2010, Kentico was named the fastest growing technology company in the Czech Republic in the Deloitte Technology FAST 50 awards.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Download this press release as Word