Kentico CMS 2.3 Enables On-line Communities
Brno, Czech Republic, September 28, 2007 – Kentico software has just released a new version 2.3 of Kentico CMS, the web content management system designed for ASP.NET developers. It comes with new tools for building on-line communities, including Blogs, Polls and User Contributions.
Kentico CMS 2.3 introduces several new modules, including Blogs, Polls, User Contributions, Web Analytics and Reporting. Together with existing Forums, Newsletters, Image Gallery and On-line Forms modules, Kentico CMS now offers a complete set of tools for building community-oriented web sites.
The new modules include:
- • User Contributions: Kentico CMS 2.3 allows community members to create new content through the web site front-end without having access to the administration interface. It can be used for community news, WiKi or partner directories where every partner can manage their profile.
- • Web Analytics: The new Web Analytics module goes further than classic site statistics software and enables site owners to track visitors coming from on-line campaigns and their conversions. It represents a strategic tool for evaluating the success of on-line campaigns.
- • Reporting: The new reporting sub-system allows site owners to get more information about their web site content and user activities. It can be used to find expired documents or analyze editor activities.
- • Blogs: The new Blogs module enables publishing enterprise and personal blogs, adding comments and sharing blog content through RSS subscriptions.
- • Polls: The Polls module allows site owners to analyze the opinions of site visitors through easy-to-use and fully configurable polls web part.
“Companies start to realize that publishing content is not enough for a great web site and they add on-line communities to their marketing strategy. Kentico has been supporting on-line communities since the very beginning with Forums, Newsletters, Image Galleries and On-line Forms. Version 2.3 represents a major milestone in this effort as we can now offer one of the richest community solutions on the Microsoft .NET platform.” says Petr Palas, founder of Kentico Software.
About Kentico CMS
Kentico CMS is a low-priced ($449 to $1298 per web site) web content management solution
providing a complete set of features for creating interactive web sites on the Microsoft ASP.NET platform. It supports content/design separation, workflow, permissions, multilingual support, full-text search, SEO, on-line forms, image galleries, forums, blogs, polls and 60 configurable web parts. It’s being used by more than 500 web sites in over 50 countries. The clients include Gibson, Bayer, Guinness, Deutsche Telekom and others. Kentico CMS trial version is available at www.kentico.com
About Kentico Software
Kentico Software (www.kentico.com
) provides web content management solutions for ASP.NET developers. It's committed to deliver affordable products that enable building better web sites on the Microsoft .NET platform.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Download this press release as Word