Starting from version 8.2, Kentico contains a mechanism for collecting and sending data about the system's usage – the Kentico improvement program. The data helps guide the development of future versions. Providing this data to Kentico allows us to build a better product and platform for your applications by targeting the areas that are most used.
The program is completely optional and can be enabled or disabled when installing new projects, or at any time for existing projects using the Send anonymous usage records to Kentico setting in Settings -> System.
- In Kentico 8.2, the program is disabled by default.
- From Kentico 9 onwards, the program is enabled by default.
Participating in the Kentico improvement program does not significantly affect site performance. The system collects and sends the data using the Send module usage data scheduled task, once per week by default.
All collected data is strictly anonymous and for internal use only. Kentico does NOT acquire any data that could be used to identify the source of the information, such as:
- Domain names or IP addresses
- Computer or machine names
- Site names
- Page or object names
- Code stack traces
Leaving the Kentico improvement program
You can leave the Kentico improvement program at any time:
- In the Kentico administration, open the Settings application.
- Select the System category.
- In the Site selector, choose the (global) option.
- Scroll down to the Kentico improvement program section.
- Clear the Send anonymous usage records to Kentico checkbox.
- Click Save.
The above configuration completely disables the Kentico improvement program for your project, and the system no longer tracks or sends any data to Kentico.
For a reference of all data types tracked by the Kentico improvement program, see the appropriate documentation page for your version of Kentico: