The Kentico community is made up of enthusiastic developers who are passionate about Kentico and helping others. The Kentico MVP Award is designed to recognize individuals who are active members of this community. Kentico MVP are engaged community advocates who listens and promote CMS and.NET while fostering collaboration and providing guidance to developers.
Kentico MVPs are for the community and will always be glad to help if you have a problem. Feel free to reach out to them and they will do what they can to get you pointed in the right direction.
If you think you have what it takes, please review the MVP FAQ or apply for consideration using the self-nomination form.
Kentico MVP Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Kentico MVP Award?
The Kentico MVP Award is a one year industry recognition given to individuals based on their community participation and evangelistic activities in the CMS and .NET communities. It recognizes past contributions and future community participation.
What is a Kentico MVP?
Kentico MVPs are passionate about the tools and technologies of Kentico, .NET and CMS communities. They are an emissary for Kentico in both the worldwide and local communities. They are passionate and involved in at least one broad community engagement area like blogs, Twitter, video and online and in-person speaking engagements. They are champions in both the Kentico community and public community forums. They have demonstrated expert knowledge and excel at providing constructive and credible insights into how Kentico can be a better product based on real world experience. Above all else they are good Internet citizens advocating for Kentico, .NET and the worldwide CMS community.
What are the benefits of receiving a Kentico MVP award?
Anyone receiving the Kentico MVP award is entitled to the following base benefits:
- 1 Web Site Ultimate License (value $7,499) for personal or business use
- Blog and recognition on the Kentico DevNet web site
- Participation at selected industry events at Kentico expense
- Exclusive access to all Beta programs
- Exclusive access to the Kentico product group
What does it take to become a Kentico MVP?
The Kentico MVP designation is earned through passionately contributing to the development community and promoting Kentico. These activities will be focused on providing guidance and assistance to the community.
The following activities will be required from all Kentico MVPs on an on-going basis.
- Be a Kentico Certified developer on the current version
- Deep knowledge of the Kentico platform and an understanding of all areas
- Maintain an individual blog hosted on Kentico
- If the blog is part of a company blog, the candidate’s posts must be available via a unique URL
- Author at least 1 Kentico-related technical blog per month for at least 6 months
- Promotion of Kentico CMS on company and/or personal website
- Be passionate about Kentico and helping others
Candidates can also engage in optional activities to improve their chances for selection. These activities include:
- Regular contribution to the DevNet community
- Questions & Answers
- Article feedback
- Documentation feedback
- Kentico Marketplace submissions
- Promoting Kentico on social media
- Speaking about Kentico at industry events
- User groups
- Trade shows
- Any industry activity that promotes Kentico and contributes to the development community
Do I get paid?
The Kentico MVP award does not include any direct financial compensation. Any pre-approved expenses incurred on behalf of Kentico will be reimbursed.
What is my time commitment?
We understand that all Kentico MVP’s have a day job and it’s not always possible to be involved in the community 100% of the time. As a Kentico MVP you are recognized because of your participation in the community and expect that you will continue to participate and contribute to the community as a part of your normal activities.
How long is the Kentico MVP Award valid?
A Kentico MVP is awarded for one year. At the end of that year you have the option of resubmitting your nomination for consideration.
I want to be a Kentico MVP. What do I need to do?
Becoming an MVP starts with engaging in the required activities (listed above). After that, the Kentico MVP Award is based on a self-nomination process. Completed nominations forms are reviewed by the Kentico product group.
What is the Kentico MVP Selection Process?
The selections of Kentico MVPs are based solely on completed nomination forms. All nominations are weighted on a number of factors that include:
- Engaging in the Required/Optional Kentico-related activities (listed above)
- Passion, drive and knowledge for Kentico, .NET and the CMS community
- Willingness to participate in virtual product design sessions with the Kentico product group
- Willingness to contribute community code and samples to sources like the Kentico Marketplace